Friday 25 February 2011

STUDIO MOVE-IO Part twooo

This week my mother came from the countryside to help me hike frames, paints, D-grips and canvas, up to the third floor of a Community Center where I will be newly situated for the next few months. This means I actually have to do some work!! I have a portrait commission of two young brothers to kick things off, so I'm out to stretch and prep the canvas, ready to begin the painting as soon as poss.  

My first project with the Community Center involved planning and teaching a 4 week Beginner's Art Course, which was hugely successful (for the 6 loyal participants) and I'm looking forward to seeing/releasing some of the potential creativity held within the community. It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment